What makes ModOp unique is our ability to deal with abnormally complicated marketing challenges. These challenges require us to look at problems from all angles, both quantitatively and qualitatively. But behind every insight and statistic is a group of highly talented, highly creative people that have the rare ability to transform raw data into actionable insights. The Quantitative Insights Team is currently seeking these types of people and has job openings for the following positions.
The role will report into the head of the Quantitative Insights (QI) Group and the primary function will be to establish data sciences and standards for all agency clients, build and deliver standardized reporting for the marketing organization, and build predictive analytics models to drive growth in highly competitive marketplaces.
- A problem-solver, with a track record of assessing problems and delivering the appropriate approach, tools and technologies to solve them.
- Build analytical models (predictive analytics) using small and large data sets from multiple sources to deliver actionable business insights and drive business decisions.
- Understand data architecture, mapping of data sources and data value to ensure quality inputs to analytical solutions.
- Build, maintain and/or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, and methods / best practices.
- Establish standard reporting architecture to provide marketing organization with overall marketing performance on Campaigns (cross-channel) to identify and recommend areas of improvement/statistical modeling of attribution.
- Working with marketing leaders to develop and execute analytics plans that support and accelerate overall marketing goals and initiatives.
- Experience working in data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems and reporting software.
- Ability to understand and use applied statistics and predictive analytics on complex data sets solve business problems as well as recommend strategic direction.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, with minimal supervision while staying aligned with functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable and effective working with multiple levels of the organization: associate to executive leadership.
- Graduate level degree in science or related analytics field with 4+ years or equivalent practical experience in related data scientist/analytics role (genomics, digital, pricing, sales operations, finance).
- Experience multiple analytic modeling and software, comfortable with data sources from ERP (Oracle, E1, etc). Demonstrated ability to learn and integrate additional analytical platforms into work.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Comfortable using different analytic systems including: Google Analytics, Webtrends, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and various data mining applications.
Critical Success Factors
- Self-Directed – Able to spearhead initiatives, translate plans into specific actions and execute with urgency.
- Values-Oriented – Comfortable working within a collaborative business environment in general and within a culture that is values-based, customer-centric, process-oriented, and results-driven.
- Impeccable Integrity – Embodies and practices world-class ethical standards. Creates an environment of trust by acting with fairness and consistency, keeping commitments, and providing rationale for decisions.
- Intelligence – Demonstrates strong intellectual capabilities and aptitude when synthesizing complex data and strategic issues. Possesses superb communications, analytic, and organizational skills.
- Teamwork – Contributes to highly integrated teams through effective communication, clear direction and steadfast follow-through. Earns the confidence of partners through sound judgments in an environment of shifting initiatives and priorities.